The Realm of the Literature Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to exchange thoughts and ideas evoked by literary works. Also tips and tricks for writing high quality essays with MLA formatting.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Cathy is crazy...

Go down 
+3
katie ploetz
ca$hmoneymillionaire
Lindsey_DeBoer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lindsey_DeBoer

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 7:14 pm

So in the novel, we meet characters that are good or evil. I think that it is fair to say that Cathy is one of the characters who is evil. Cathy is weirdly fascinating to read about and I'm glad I don't know her outside of the book. Cathy needs to get locked up in a mental institution already. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ca$hmoneymillionaire

ca$hmoneymillionaire

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 9:45 pm

I feel bad for Cathy, but at the same time I think Mr. Edwards should have finished her off. Although if she had died that soon in the book, then she wouldn't have been any point to creating her character in the first place.
Back to top Go down
katie ploetz

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 10:06 pm

For me, Cathy so far is one of my favorite characters. I wouldn't want to befriend her in real life, but she makes the story interesting so far. She's manipulative, mean, and sassy. Very Happy I also believe that Mr. Edwards should've killed her,but it wouldn't have propelled the story forward. It make makes wonder if this might happen to her later again, and the other biblical allusions she might encounter on her journey throughout the book! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
emmamazurek

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:15 pm

i think Cathy is nothing but a monster Evil or Very Mad and i have no sympathy for her because she dug her own grave with mr. edwards. Also i want to mention the whipping thing bc when her dad first starts she doesnt feel anything and the when she figures out what her dad wants then she starts to scream and stuff. I think this just reinforces the idea that she was born without some part of her there and that she is a liar. The odd thing is i would feel almost disapointed if she died anytime soon because she is so interesting. I really want to see what horrid thing she does next. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ESinger

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 11:49 pm

I respect Cathy, in a weird way. I am very impressed at her ability to manipulate others, but at the same time I am horrified. I think that she has a deep understanding of the human mind and peoples motivations. She could use this knowledge for good or evil, and she chooses evil. It is rather hard hard to think that Cathy is a real person, or at least character, in the book. I truly enjoyed the part in chapter 11 when Charles went against Cathy and I hope to see some more of their interactions in the novel.
Back to top Go down
Emma_Ferguson

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:05 pm

I know that we are probably supposed to not like Cathy, but so far I really like reading about her. I mean how many characters light their house on fire with their parents in it? I would agree that she is crazy and I don't condone her behavior but she is a very exciting character.
Back to top Go down
juliamanion

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 10:21 pm

Cathy is manipulative and disturbingly clever. Although Cathy is a character that we should hate, so far she is the most interesting part of this book.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Cathy is crazy... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cathy is crazy...   Cathy is crazy... Empty

Back to top Go down

Cathy is crazy...
Page 1 of 1