The Realm of the Literature Goddess
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place to exchange thoughts and ideas evoked by literary works. Also tips and tricks for writing high quality essays with MLA formatting.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
emilie_K

emilie_K

The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.  Empty
PostSubject: The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.    The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.  EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 1:08 am

I'd just like to start by saying that, I am still rather interested about Cyrus (more so about Cathy but for a different reason) even as we finish part I and start to really get a feel for all the characters .

I don't know about anyone else, but I really find the 'back and forth'-ness in Cyrus's character to be rather interesting. To say the least. It seems as if, internally, there is a Cain and Abel relationship going on (in a sense). For example (I see) when he, kind of, protects Charles from himself by not allowing him in the military (I personally think that if Charles would have been made to join it really would have destroyed him even more?). Though, of course, this is easily offset by the fact that he treated Charles terribly most of the time (besides what I listed before).

I don't know if I'm the only one, or not, but from what I can view from Cyrus in the story is that I find at times he has his moments of both 'sides'. They seem to switch off, as proven multiple times, but I think someone could view him as switching back and forth between the boundaries of 'evil' and 'good' (which I find a rather dynamic part of his character). Now, I wouldn't consider him 'neutral' though.

This post probably seemed as if there was no real point to it, though I really was trying to make one. Sorry if it didn't. silent
Back to top Go down
Dovahkiin

Dovahkiin

The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.  Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.    The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.  EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:06 pm

I, personally, think that Cyrus is very neutral. He certainly isn't "evil" (not when you compare him to people like Cathy, and he also is clearly not good, either (especially when compared to people like Samuel).

Cyrus came off as neutral to me because he didn't really have bad intentions, but they weren't good either. He seems to sit in the middle, never really hitting the extremes of anything.
Back to top Go down

The Good. The Evil. And (the) Cyrus.
Page 1 of 1